Almotamar.net - Ministry of Public Health and Population ordered on Tuesday to close a classroom of a girl high school in the capital Sana'a after confirming an infected a girl student with H1N1 virus, known as Swine Flu.
On the other hand, secondary classrooms in a private school in Sana'a capital have been closed for failing to comply with the precautionary measures taken to protect students from H1N1 virus, according to the Heath Minister Abdul Karim Rase'a, who did not name the school.
Minister of Public Health and Population Abdul-Karim Rase'a, along with the representative of the World Health Organization (WHO) Osamah al-Harbi, has paid inspection visits on Monday to assure the awareness program on H1N1 virus in a number of public and private schools in the Capital Sana'a.
Health Ministry announced yesterday, Monday, registering some 921 H1N1 cases to date in the country. It said that the 843 cases have been cured and 55 cases are under treatment.
The Ministry announced the increase of the death cases in the country to 13 ones until the date of the announcement.
The first death from the disease reported on 19th August.
Last week, the Yemeni pharmaceutical company YEDCO has developed anti-viral drug for the Swine Flue (H1N1) and registered it at the Yemeni General Authority of Medicines and Medical Supplements.
Hundreds of thousands of Yemenis descended Thursday (Aug 24) on Sanaa in a major show to celebrate of the 35th anniversary of the General People's Congress (GPC) founding anniversary.
The rally marking 35 years since the founding the General People's Congress (GPC).
The streets of the capital, waving the blue flag of the GPC and carrying pictures of Saleh the leader of GPC.
At least 71 citizens were killed and wounded by warplanes from the Saudi-led aggression coalition on Sanaa province early on Wednesday morning, a security official said.
The air strikes hit a hotel in Bait al-Edhari area in Arhab district,
Saudi aggression warplanes launched seven air strikes on Saada province overnight, an official said on Wednesday.
The targeted places were the regular road in Al-Sheikh area of Monabah district, Alhbrah area of Razeh district, the directorate of Al-Taher and Shada directorate.
The strikes severely damaged civilian properties, said the official.
Armed forces' spokesman Brigadier General, Sharaf Luqman said the army and popular forces have provided the greatest sacrifices to defend the homeland against Saudi-led aggression forces, stressing on maintaining the internal unity.
In a press statement on Monday, Luqman said that the historical steadfastness and the cohesion of the Yemeni people represent the first defense line against the aggression states.